23.5.08

LOVE JIHADIS EVERYWHERE!

And yes, they are all showing up in large numbers at the New York theater where we are playing.

Get tickets at IFC with a list of showtimes

Many amazing discussions and panels are coming up in the next few days and those are at www.ajihadforlove.com

In the meantime emails like this make this Jihad so worthwhile for me and all of us.

Hi Parvez,

I just saw the documentary in New York City. I really have no words to express how much I admire its remarkable courage and vision. As a gay Muslim, I've had a mighty struggle adjusting to my homosexuality. I'm ashamed to say that I'm still struggling at 43! When I told my family for the first time that I was gay (last year), my mother told me menacingly that the Koran says I should be hung by my toes. Horrifying, no? In any event, I think your film is a revolutionary act. It will, needless to say, give hope and empower many, many people and most importantly, could actually save lives. Your work is a gift.
Hamid

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely, thanks for sharing

Breaking News from Mohandessin in Cairo

I have another friend Yousry. (Different from the other amazing Yousry I just interviewed for a Mondoweiss exclusive) I have blogged about h...