27.5.08

LOVE JIHADIS TAKE OVER NYC

And they are showing up in record numbers. But we really need them to keep coming. Part of the movement of this film in the US is giving the box office in this country proof that a Muslim made film, with an Islam positive message can resonate with post-September 11 audiences. So please spread the word so that we make our Jihad a huge success around the country.

Here is another email, this one from R

Dear Parvez,

I just wanted to let you know how marvellous your film is. I'm so happy that we got to see it last week in its New York run, and it's just phenomenal that you spent so much time and took so much care to make this incredible documentary. The subjects, of course, are brave, and I admire your courage too, for doing this project. You really made a complicated topic absolutely approachable while showing the complexity of the experience of sexuality and its encounters with different facts of religious discourse. The Q&A was excellent too. Wishing you with future screenings of A Jihad for Love in other places too! And I hope you get time to relax a little and enjoy your much-deserved success!

warmly,
R

No comments:

Breaking News from Mohandessin in Cairo

I have another friend Yousry. (Different from the other amazing Yousry I just interviewed for a Mondoweiss exclusive) I have blogged about h...