3.6.08

Back on FaceBook

Yes!
Back with a cryptic message of my misuse-but Hallelujah! May my recent FaceBook travails serve as a warning to all of us to be extra careful in how we use the site.
Disability is just a mouse click away...
And yes there was a friend request waiting with the following note (from the Netherlands)-
I really loved this film-it fills me with hope-Can I please be your friend?

Also from the same country another message:

‘A Jihad for Love’ is one of the most touching movies I have ever seen. The movie about people who aren’t as other people want them to be. About people who didn’t do anything wrong then only are as they are. I admire them, also for the way they tell the people about their experiences!
It is a shame that what the movie shows, exists in real. It is a shame that there are countries with a very low standard of human rights for gays. It is a shame that in such countries gays can’t live in freedom and with respect and that they have to leave to have a life. To prevent for repudiation, torture or even worse. It is unbelievable hard to leave your country, your family, your friends because of the human that you are. Maybe you will never see them again.
I feel close to them, as I am one of them. I have luck that I am born in a country that has human rights that are equal for both gays and straights.
I am not a better person, so I don’t deserve to have a better life.


No comments:

Breaking News from Mohandessin in Cairo

I have another friend Yousry. (Different from the other amazing Yousry I just interviewed for a Mondoweiss exclusive) I have blogged about h...