17.6.08

ISLAM=SUBMISSION

I have just returned from screening the film in the heart of Mormon country-Salt Lake City (much more on that soon) to find this:

This website is a joke. Islam translated into English = Submission to Almighty God. The Quran is quite clear regarding its strong stance against homosexuality. You should really take the time to learn more about Islam before creating such a blog.
Salaam

The person does sign off with a very polite 'Salaam'.
The film is now in its LAST THREE DAYS at the IFC in New York-Come one, Come all ; )

Meanwhile Hassan writes:
It bring tears to my eyes to see there is still so much ignorance within the muslim community. I'm tired of people in general using religion as an excuse for their bigotry.
Love is a beautiful thing and I'm sure Allah agrees. :)

And this from my time in LSD land...
I'm a "recovering" LDS Mormon and I saw your film at Hollins. My brother went on a Mission and went through a program to re-condition himself OUT of being gay...I'd be interested to hear what kind of response you get as it seems to me the LDS Church has a lot in common with Muslim faith in that you should "Marry, Pray or Fast the problem away" and there is NO other options offerred than that.
Melanie

This from someone who actually saw the film-
i saw the film tonight - it is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.. some of the cinematography is so breathtakingly, severely beautiful...and so appropriately positioned along with the narratives - i am so so so proud of u!! Bravo! And congratulations for the fantastic response it got - my only shikva is that my beloved Pakistan is covered briefly..But i still loved it and so did my friends who i took along.

No comments:

Breaking News from Mohandessin in Cairo

I have another friend Yousry. (Different from the other amazing Yousry I just interviewed for a Mondoweiss exclusive) I have blogged about h...